Mexican Sausage Skillet
1 cup uncooked white rice
2 ears corn, husks removed
1 medium onion
8oz smoked sausage
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 Tbsp Chipotle rub (this is from Pampered Chef)
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
Fresh cilantro and lime wedges
Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, remove corn kernels from cobs (I cheated and used frozen corn). Chop onion. Cut sausage into 1/2 inch slices. Spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Add corn to skillet in single layer. Cook without stirring over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until carmelized on one side. Add onion, sausage, garlic, and rub. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and beans to skillet, bring to a boil. Serve mixture over rice. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges, if desired. Yield, 4 servings (mine came out to more like 6 servings, I don't know what happened!)
I served mine with a fresh spinach salad with carrots and snap peas, yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment