Today the forecast called for afternoon/evening snow. Up to 3 inches. Okay, big deal. Around 3:30 people are leaving work en masse. I hear talk of the highway closing, accidents all over the place. Funny. I have a window in my office, there is NO SNOW. Nothing. The occasional flake flutters by the window but that's it. I leave work at the end of the day and turn on the radio. Turns out it is true, parts of the highway are closed, 8 car accident is reported. Still, it's funny, all the roads are dry. Apparently this storm was picky, south of the interstate was getting hammered, white out conditions were reported. While all of us on the north side had absolutely nothing. It was so funny to listen to the radio panic while driving on perfectly fine roads. I kept expecting to round the corner and hit a wall of snow. It never happened. I came home to find this:

Then I turned on the news to see pictures like this on the other side of town:

In other news, I have a new favorite song.
Click on this link to listen. I find myself desperately hoping that it will play on the radio while I'm driving to work. I guess this means I should just buy the song so I can listen to it as much as I want. It has such an incredible message. Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment