Yesterday I attended a workshop in Lincoln. Aside from being a fun change of pace from my regular work day, it was a fantastic workshop and I learned a lot! The workshop was provided by Dynavox and was about how to help kids who use alternative communication devices move beyond just requesting to using more advanced communicative functions (commenting, telling stories, asking questions, etc). It was such a useful topic for me and the kids I work with. Dynavox makes some amazing communication devices, I was very impressed with the quality of their presentation and level of support they provide to users of their devices. Maybe someday we will have one of these at work!

The other wonderful thing about this workshop was where it was located. It was at Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital. Madonna is one of the nations top rehab hospitals for brain injury. It made me have a tiny twinge of job jealousy (even though I LOVE my job). They have such cool things, like an actual car in their facility that has a computerized driving program that can be used for rehab. Overall, it was a very fun day, and I spent it with a great co-worker. It was also really amusing to me that we could drive to and from the state capitol right in the middle of rush hour with NO traffic. Turns out everyone is going to Omaha for work, and not the other way around!
No comments:
Post a Comment