I was also poking around my backyard checking on some work that was done on my window this week, when I happened upon a very alive snake right by my deck. I did not notice him until he slithered very quickly up onto the steps. This resulted in a jump and high pitched squeal from me, but luckily I had been standing a ways away from him. So, I decided to get a picture. It's not very close, but really, I wasn't willing to get any closer just to get a good picture. I even saw him stick his tongue out at me! He's gone now, so I'm not sure where he slithered away to, but I'm definitely going to be keeping my eyes open when I'm outside now!
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Snakes!
In the last 2 days I have had 2 snake encounters, yikes! Last night, I pulled into my garage and then walked out to the end of the driveway to check the mail. It was dark out, and I noticed what looked like a black blob on the concrete. On closer investigation, it turned out to be a snake. With it being dark out, I couldn't tell if I had run over it when I was pulling into the garage or not. It's tail was wiggling, though, so I wasn't feeling like investigating any closer. This morning, I looked out the window and the snake was gone. I figured I must have missed him with my car and he wriggled off during the night. I don't think that was the case, however, because when I went outside, there was definitely some snake guts smeared on the driveway right where he was last night (pleasant, huh?). I then proceeded to peek in the grass around the driveway and saw a little snake curled up right next to the concrete. I'm assuming he's dead, but I'm not brave enough to find out for sure.
I was also poking around my backyard checking on some work that was done on my window this week, when I happened upon a very alive snake right by my deck. I did not notice him until he slithered very quickly up onto the steps. This resulted in a jump and high pitched squeal from me, but luckily I had been standing a ways away from him. So, I decided to get a picture. It's not very close, but really, I wasn't willing to get any closer just to get a good picture. I even saw him stick his tongue out at me! He's gone now, so I'm not sure where he slithered away to, but I'm definitely going to be keeping my eyes open when I'm outside now!
I was also poking around my backyard checking on some work that was done on my window this week, when I happened upon a very alive snake right by my deck. I did not notice him until he slithered very quickly up onto the steps. This resulted in a jump and high pitched squeal from me, but luckily I had been standing a ways away from him. So, I decided to get a picture. It's not very close, but really, I wasn't willing to get any closer just to get a good picture. I even saw him stick his tongue out at me! He's gone now, so I'm not sure where he slithered away to, but I'm definitely going to be keeping my eyes open when I'm outside now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment