Sunday, June 20, 2010

Getting Started

I've been entertaining the idea of blogging for a while now, and after watching one of my favorite movies "Julie and Julia" last night, I decided to take the plunge. I won't be doing anything nearly as cool as cooking my way through a French cookbook, but perhaps I'll have a few interesting things to write about.

Today has been a day for packing and watching the thunder storms. We have had so much rain lately, I'm still getting used to it. I still haven't heard a tornado siren, but I'm sure it will happen before too long! I'm hoping that I can get moved in to my new house before we have a tornado, that way I have a basement to hide in. All this rain has also been great for my garden! My snap peas are out of control, and I just harvested a huge head of lettuce. I've enjoyed this garden much more than I thought I would. It is actually really relaxing to spend a couple hours playing the dirt. It gives me lots of time to think. I've been in operation weed control/prevention mode lately. All the rain is also bringing on masses of weeds! I need to figure out a way to keep them from taking over before I head out of town in a couple weeks. So far, my plan is to use wood mulch around the vegetables and a fancy spray that prevents weeds from germinating. I've done about 3/4 of the garden so far. I wanted to finish the rest today, but all the stormy weather has kept me inside.

So this week at work looks to be the quietest week I've had in a long time. Preschool is out for the summer, and I only have a few therapy sessions scheduled. I actually have no appointments scheduled for Tuesday, crazy! I'll be able to get started on lots of my summer projects this week. Plus, I'm going to give my therapy room a deep cleaning and organizing.

Well, hopefully the storms won't be too bad tonight, I hate being woken up by thunder!

No comments:

Post a Comment